Use track IDs in sequences
The track ID of an object is displayed in the sidebar on the left of the object category.
When an object is selected, it is also displayed on the right of the timeline.
When creating an object in a sequence editor, a track ID is automatically created.
- 1.Select the object.
- 2.Click the pencil button next to the track ID.
- 3.Enter the new track ID.
- 4.Press the checkmark button next to the track ID to set the new track ID. The new track ID will replace the old track ID in all frames.
- 1.Select the object you want to merge into another track.
- 2.Click the pencil button next to the track ID in the track editor on the right of the timeline.
- 3.Enter the ID of the track you want to merge the current track into.
- 4.Click the checkmark button next to the track ID to merge the tracks. The keyframes of both tracks will be combined, and the combined track takes the track ID you just entered.
Merging tracks is only possible when both tracks have no overlapping keyframes.
- 1.Select the object you want to remove from the sequence.
- 2.Click the "Remove track" button under the track ID in the track editor on the right of the timeline. The object will then be removed from all frames.
Splitting a track will create a new track at the current frame and move all keyframes after the current frame to the new track.
- 1.Select the object whose track you want to split.
- 2.Select the frame where you want the new track to start.
- 3.Click the "Split track" button under the track ID in the track editor on the right of the timeline.
Splitting a track is only possible if there are keyframes before the current frame. Otherwise, splitting the track would create an empty track.
The same-dimensions track constraint forces objects to maintain the same dimensions in every frame. When changing the dimensions of an object with a certain track ID in one frame, the dimensions of the object will be updated in all other frames too. This can be useful when you want objects to keep their dimensions, regardless of occlusions or noise.
The same-dimensions track constraint is only available for cuboid sequences.
You can enable the same-dimensions track constraint as follows:
- 1.Open the dataset where you want to activate the constraint.
- 2.Open the "Settings" tab.
- 3.Click on the "Labeling" section.
- 4.Tick the "Enable same-dimensions track constraint" checkbox.
- 5.Save the labeling settings.